How to Convert AVCHD MTS/M2T/M2TS to Apple ProRes 4444/422?
Convert AVCHD to ProRes for Easily Importing AVCHD to Final Cut Pro, FCP X, Avid Media Composer!
December 29th, 2011 by Harvey Taylor
Tags: avchd to prores, avchd to prores 4444, mts to prores, convert avchd to prores, avchd to fcp, convert mts to prores, mts to final cut pro, mts to prores converter, avchd to prores converter, m2ts to prores, avchd to apple prores, mts to apple prores
AVCHD (Advanced Video Coding High Definition), often with the file extension of mts, m2ts or mt2, is a professional digital recording format for Sony, Panasonic, Canon and more camcorders and cameras. Though Final Cut Pro announced to support AVCHD video files, some AVCHD files still can not imported to FCP: AVCHD support is available only on Intel-based Macintosh computers; FCP only supports AVCHD camcorders typically connect to computers via USB 2.0, not FireWire; DVD-based AVCHD camcorders are not currently supported by FCP; Standard definition video recorded with AVCHD camcorders cannot be accessed in Final Cut Pro.
In order to import all kinds of AVCHD to FCP successfully, it is better to convert AVCHD to Apple ProRes 4444/422 which works well with all versions of Final Cut Pro
The following article just aims to provide a step by step guide on how to convert AVCHD to ProRes with almost no loss of video and audio quality.
It helps to:
- Convert and import all kinds of AVCHD including DVD-based AVCHD, high definition AVCHD, standard definition AVCHD to Final Cut Pro HD/6.0/7/X no matter the Mac is Intel-based or not and not matter the AVCHD camcorder is USB connected or by via of FireWire.
- Convert AVCHD to ProRes 4444 or 422 for fast import AVCHD to Avid Media Composer whatever it is Windows based AMC or Mac based AMC
- Convert AVCHD with the file extension of .mts to ProRes422/4444, .mt2s to Propes 4444/422, .mt2s to Propes 4444/422.
- Convert AVCHD in 1080-line 50-frame/s and 60-frame/s modes (AVCHD Progressive) and stereoscopic video (AVCHD 3D) to ProRes.
- Convert AVCHD videos recorded from Sony HXR-NX5U/HDR-AX2000/HDR-SR10/ HDR-XR105E/HDR-CX560/DCR-DVD908E/DCR-SR60E/DCR-SR82E/DCR-SR300E to Apple ProRes.
- Convert AVCHD to Apple ProRes from Panasonic DMC-GH2/Panasonic AF-100/Panasonic HDC-SD900/AG-HSC1UP/HDC-TM900/HDC-HS900/Lumix DMC.
- Convert AVCHD to ProRes from Canon Vixia HF/HF10/HF100/HFS200/HFS10/HG10/HG-21.
- Convert JVC Everio GZ-HD320/GZ-HM400/HDD/GY-HM100U AVCDH to ProRes.
Preparation: Run AVCHD to ProRes Converter
As the professional AVCHD to ProRes Converter, Bigasoft ProRes Converter can easily convert all kinds of AVCHD files in M2T, M2TS, and MTS to Final Cut Pro supported Apple ProRes. Besides converting AVCHD to ProRes, it also can convert other video formats including AVI, MP4, WMV, FLV, MKV, MPG, MOD, TOD, WebM, WTV, VOB, MVI, MXF and etc to ProRes for easy import to FCP. What's more, Bigasoft ProRes Converter has both Mac and Windows version, then you can even use the ProRes Windows Converter to convert AVCDH to ProRes for Avid Media Composer
Step 1 Add AVCHD video
Copy AVCHD video from the AVCHD camcorder or camera to Mac, then click "Add File" button to load AVCHD video file to Bigasoft ProRes Converter.
Tips:This powerful MTS to ProRes Converter also support drag-and-drop function, so you can also simply drag the copied AVCHD file to the main intercface of this software.
Step 2 Set output video format as Apple ProRes
Usually, the default output profile is just Apple ProRes 4444, if not, follow this guide below:
Click the small triangle to the right of "Profile", a drop down menu will pop up, select ProRes Video (*.mov) from the "General Video" as output video format.
Then click "Setting..." button, the "Advanced Settings" Window will pop up right beside the main window. In the "Advanced Settings" Window, click "Advanced" tab, and then go to "Video" column, click "ProRes 4444" tab on the right side of Profile. Change the ProRes Presents by choosing from the drop-down list. There are 5 options including ProRes 422 Proxy, ProRes 422 LT, ProRes 422, ProRes 422 HQ, and ProRes 4444.
Step 3 Convert AVCHD to ProRes
Click "Convert" button to start the AVCHD to ProRes conversion, it will fast convert AVCHD in M2TS, M2T or MTS to Apple ProRes.
Wait no more, just follow the above step by step guide to convert MTS to ProRes 4444/422, convert M2T to ProRes 4444/422, and convert M2TS to ProRes 4444/422. Then it is just easy to import the converted AVCHD whatever from Sony, Panasonic, Canon or JVC to Final Cut Pro.
To find out more Bigasoft Solutions to enjoy your new digital life, you can go here.