How to Add MOV to iTunes to Play MOV in iTunes/iPod/iPad?
Convert iTunes unsupported MOV to iTunes compatible format to successfully import MOV to iTunes
August 29th, 2012 by Bigasoft Support
Tags: mov to itunes, add mov to itunes, convert mov to itunes, import mov to itunes, play mov in itunes, adding mov to itunes, can't add mov to itunes 11
Though iTunes announced to support MOV video file, we often meet difficulty in adding MOV to iTunes or in syncing MOV files from iTunes to iPod, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV. The following article just aims to solve how to successfully import iTunes unsupported MOV to iTunes so as to play MOV in iTunes or sync MOV to iPod, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV.
It solves all the following symptoms and situation:
- Unable to import MOV video recorded from Nikon Coolpix 3200/L110/S8100 or from Nikon D5100 or D7000 and etc to iTunes.
- Failed to add Canon Vixia HV40 MOV to iTunes or add Kodak EasyShare Camera MOV to iTunes.
- I wanted to add the iMovie exported MOV into iTunes and then sync to my iPad. However, iTunes will not import any of the .mov files made with the iMovie import.
- I have a couple of .MOV video files which I would like to import into iTunes so I can play it on my iPhone 4, but when I add the MOV video files it doesn't appear in my iTunes library.
- When try to import MOV to iTunes 10.6, iTunes refuse to add MOV files; when add MOV to iTunes 10.7, iTunes still failed to import; even the new iTunes 11 won't import MOV video file
- I downloaded a podcast in iTunes with a .mov extension. Both video and audio are fine when watching it in iTunes. After converting it for my iPod in iTunes the video-image is still fine however the audio is distorted.
- When I tried to sync MOV video to my iPod Nano by via of iTunes, it said that the iPod couldn't play it. So I right-clicked on the video in iTunes and pressed 'convert for iPod/iPhone'. When it had done converting [took about half an hour], I put the video on my iPod and there was no audio.
Reason and Resolution
MOV is a container format which may contain all kinds of codec, while iTunes only import MOV whose video codec is DV, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, or AIC. Even if the MOV meet the above requirement and supported and playable in iTunes, it will still fail to sync to iPod/iPad/iPhone/Apple TV if the MOV video does not fit the specification like resolution, bit rate, aspect ratio, size, and audio codec of the iPod/iPad/iPhone/Apple TV.
In order to successfully import MOV to iTunes as well as sync MOV to Apple TV, iPod, iPhone, iPad, we have better convert the MOV video to a more compatible video format. Bigasoft iTunes Video Converter is just the right MOV to iTunes Converter which can fast convert MOV to iTunes as well as iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV compatible format.
Then it is that easy to add MOV to iTunes, iPad, iPhone, iPod and Apple TV for easy playback with the powerful Bigasoft iTunes Video Converter and the following step by step guide
Step 1 Add MOV video
Click "Add File" button to add MOV file to Bigasoft iTunes Video Converter. This powerful MOV to iTunes Converter also supports drag and drop function.
Step 2 Set desired output video format
Click the "Profile" drop-down button to select desired video format:
- Usually the default output format is just iTunes supported one, if you only want to play MOV in iTunes, just ignore this step.
- To sync MOV to iPad by via of iTunes, select iPad MPEG-4 Video (*.mp4) from the "iPad" category
- To transfer MOV to iPhone by iTunes, select iPhone MPEG-4 Video (*.mp4) from the "iPhone" category
- To sync MOV to iPod, select iPod MPEG-4 Video (*.mp4) from the "iPod" category
- To transfer MOV to Apple TV, select Apple TV MPEG-4 Video (*.mp4) from the "Apple TV" category
Step 3 Convert MOV to iTunes compatible format
Click "Convert" button to start converting MOV to iTunes as well as iPod, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV supported video format, it will be finished in few minutes.
Add MOV to iTunes to Play MOV in iTunes/Apple TV/iPad/iPod/iPhone
After finish converting MOV, simply import the converted MOV video to iTunes just as you import other video files. Then just play MOV in iTunes or sync them to your Apple TV or iOS devices like iPad, iPod, iPhone for easy playback.
To find out more Bigasoft Solutions to enjoy your new digital life, you can go here.