HDV Converter for Mac and Windows - Bigasoft
March 2nd, 2015 by Harvey Taylor
Tags: HDV Converter
The fastest and easiest solution for HDV media
HDV is recorded on standard mini-DV videocassette tapes or on a hard disk and it is possible to store data from DV tape on PC hard drive using HDV application software. However, HDV is a difficult format to work with. There is few suitable player or editor that could support and play the HDV files (most in MTS or M2TS container). So transcoding HDV to a different format may be the best solution.
Step by step guide to convert HDV files
In this detailed guide, we will introduce a HDV converter and editor which helps to convert all kinds of HDV files in 1080i, 1080p, and 720p HD standards to MP4, AVI, ProRes, MOV, WMV, DV and other formats. This powerful Converter supports all the popular editing formats (ProRes, DNxHD, etc) and non-linear editors (Final Cut Pro, FCPX, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple iMovie).
Firstly, download and install HDV Converter which is fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.10. For Windows user, try HDV Converter Windows to convert and edit HDV easily.
Step 1 Run HDV Converter and import HDV files
Run the program and you'll see the interface like below. Simply drag and drop the HDV files to the main interface. Or click "Add File" -> "Add Folder..." and choose the folder which contains HDV files to batch import them.
Step 2 Choose output settings
Specify the output video path and click profile drop-down list to choose output format. Both HD and SD formats are supported.
If you want to edit HDV with Final Cut Pro. ProRes would probably be the best codec to transcode to on Mac. For Windows user, try WMV, WTV. What's more, H.264 MP4 format is another highly recommended profile for both Windows and Mac users and supported by most portable media devices. Here we choose "HD H.264 Video(*.mp4)" profile.
Step 3 Start conversion from HDV to MP4
After setting up all the above parameters, hit the "Convert" button to start the conversion.
All the HDV media problems will be solved
- I have the Sony HDR-FX7 and am looking to just import HDV from the camera to CS5 for editing.
- Using Vegas Pro 10 I tried to import some HDV clips I had previously captured with Final Cut Pro 7, but only the audio appeared. Trying to find a converter to transcode HDV to Vegas Pro compatible format.
- Windows does not support HDV QT files? Is there any codec I can download to edit these HDV QT files in Premiere on my PC?
- I have a Sony FX1, a Mac and Adobe CS4. I like to capture HDV 1080i and distribute in 720p and 480p. Editing in the recorded format seems fraught with difficulties for me.
- We need to convert HDV (1080i) to MP4 on a Mac. Which program will keep the best quality?
Besides converting HDV files, Bigasoft Total Video Converter supports AVCHD, 4K, ASF, DNxHD, Avid, Divx and more formats. Also it features edition functions, like merge, cut, split, crop, add or remove audio tracks and subtitle tracks. Download and try now!
To find out more Bigasoft Solutions to enjoy your new digital life, you can go here.